5 Tips for Safe Travels
Here are some traveling tips to keep your browsing secure when you’re on the move:
- Encrypt your devices, and make sure they all have secure passwords (see previous blog posts for more detail on secure passwords).
- Avoid free Wi-Fi, and if possible, use a VPN.
- If you are going out of the US, don’t take your primary computer. In fact, Homeland Security recommends you purchase a throwaway cell phone and laptop. If you can’t, then make sure you have it completely erased when you reenter.
- Don’t ever leave your devices unattended.
- Wait to post to social media until you return. Don’t post pictures or comments about your trip.
For more information, the FCC provides some fantastic advice here.